Wednesday, April 13, 2016

ACCOUNTABILITY BROTHERHOOD

I've been cussing too much the last few months. Some happenings have caused me to take my focus off of heaven, and put it on earth. And if there's ever anything that'll make you cuss, it's the things that happen on Earth.

So I'm working to fix that, but I can't do it alone. I need God, and I need you.

First and foremost I have to focus my attention on the things that are happening in heaven, focus my attention on my Daddy, and Jesus. Daily Word and prayer time, daily worship time, filling my mind with music that fills my mind with the spirit.

But let's talk about accountability. You should never let me get away with cussing in front of you. You should never let me get away with drinking in front of you. You wouldn't be cool with me showing up and smoking pot in front of you would you? You wouldn't be cool with me showing up with some girl on my bike that I'm not married to would you? So why would you let me get away with cussing? We're not in this club tell dirty jokes to each other, we're not in this club to accept each other's faults, we are in this club to push each other further.

That's right, I'm giving you permission to shame me if I screw up in front of you. Let me know, in love, that it's not okay for me to act out in front of you. Just because I'm your brother doesn't mean that you let me get away with things! Brotherhood in the world is accepting someone no matter what they do, brotherhood in the church is helping each other get closer to the cross.

A tool the devil uses, is to make you act like it's okay when other people screw up. After all you wouldn't want them calling you on your screw-ups would you? The world's good at playing the Don't Judge Me card. But we're not judging each other when we sharpen each other.

It doesn't make me angry when you take me aside and say Hey Brother you know you were just cussing over there and that's not really cool for a man of God, it makes me respect you. After all, motorcycle clubs are all about respect, respecting each other enough to hold each other accountable to what Paul calls the "measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ".

James Disciple Johnson
National President & Founder
Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club