Sunday, March 29, 2015

Be a Disciple, Not Just a Charter

We give charters their names so they can identify themselves, not separate themselves. My charter isn't better than yours. My charter doesnt have a tighter brotherhood than all the other charters. All the other charters or brothers arent somehow inferior to my charters brothers. 

We are all Disciples. God's anointing of brotherhood is on the club,  not a single charter. All the charters are close,  all the charters experience a wonderful feeling of brotherhood. 

In the Midwest where IL/IN/OH see each other a lot,  there is great unity between them. In States where brothers don't cross state lines and see their other brothers as often, sometimes due to distance, I start to hear this strong OUR CHARTER IS BETTER, OUR BROTHERHOOD ARE HIGHER QUALITY drumbeat. I see that as dangerous. I've heard the same from every charter that imploded, they beat that drum loudly then imploded. Those guys don't see each other much anymore.  Disciple was the unifying feature, not being from their state. 

You may be part of this crew or that. But you are a Disciple. You are part of a team. You are part of a global movement. There are brothers who are just as incredible in California, Carolina, Canada and Brazil.  You just haven't taken the time to get to know them as much because they are far away. Shame on you if so. You have FaceTime, Skype, and a phone. So get after it. 

Stop bragging on your crew over another. You are a Disciple,  not a crew. Brag on your club, Brag on your God, Brag on Jesus,  include all brothers. Don't exclude anyone who wears your patch,  or you aren't being worthy of it. 

Now this isn't directed at anyone in particular. I'm a national leader and I hear this sort of stuff in all different corners,  and I'm addressing it nationally. I've run into Christian MCs who told me their own brothers from the next city over may as well be a different club. I don't want that for Disciple. So if the shoe fits, wear it. If not,  store this as data for future use. God bless yall. 

James Disciple Johnson 
Natl President and Founder 
Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club 

Be a Disciple, Not Just a Charter  http://disciplecmcblog.blogspot.com/2015/03/be-disciple-not-just-charter.html