Sunday, March 29, 2015

Words of Correction

I want to talk to you guys for a moment about discipline within the club. If you had any idea how much flak we take, how many people insult us, how many people disagree with everything we do, how many people whine complain fight and argue when they're corrected, you'd probably give your national leadership a lot less trouble. 

Please, give us less trouble. Heb 13:17 Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.

For that would be of no advantage to you. 

If you think I come down hard, or you think I'm too sensitive, or you think the punishments we hand down are harsh, consider this: because of our experience as leaders in an international organization, we know the early signs, and we step on problems early. Before they become big fire, we firmly stamp out the little embers. 

We are now truly an international organization, with dozens of charters and hundreds of men, and we are about to double in size. Pay close attention to how we administer discipline, because when its thousands of guys it's going to be even harder. The same discipline that was meted out to you, you'll need to be able to hand out, with love and careful correction. The only way an organization like ours can be kept from becoming weak is to firmly carry out our guiding principles.

If we give you correction, from myself down to the regional and the state leaders, don't argue. Before you try to explain how you see it and what you think of it, take time and pray on it. Like 24 hours. I don't expect to see you jump right back in and start telling us your opinion before you taking time to prayerfully consider what we're trying to tell you. That will just tell me what kind of man you are. The fact of the matter is that you're probably wrong, you probably need to learn, and rather than making us tell you twice more firmly, go figure it out before the Lord and then come back and apologize. There's no need to waste your brothers time by not considering what they told you, and coming back to argue about it. 

Sometimes we are going to correct you in writing on a page so not just you but others too can learn.  The "no text conflict" part is YOU not arguing back,  and taking time to consider the word of correction you've received. A phone call to your ma might be in order so you can get it straight. 

Most people are not used to proper biblical authority and leadership. In the Old Testament God didn't have a problem opening up the earth and swallowing those who argued with their leaders. If you don't believe me check out the rebellion of Koran in Numbers 16..on Here in this club I don't have any problem exercising spiritual authority, but I'd really rather exercise readership. So please don't make me take the daddy tone. And don't make the rest of your leaders do it either.

Even if you've been in a three piece patch outlaw club, you still have to learn the Disciple Way. The Lord has spoken to me some things that I have very set in my mind about how we're going to run this organization. Coming in as a new prospect, a new probationary full patch, or even a seasoned national officer, there are at times going to be things that you may not understand, that the Lord is clearly speaking to me, that we're going to do. If you feel like you have some difference of vision, it's time to be on the phone with me trying to understand what God is speaking to me so that you can get on board with it or tell me specifically where I'm wrong. Anything less and I'm going to get in your business about it. It's my job to oversee an unruly lot of free thinking high-spirited Type A personality men, and the best way to do that is be real up front about what I'm thinking and what the Lord is putting on my heart.

Finally, I personally am not always going to have the time to personally call everyone that isn't on board with the vision. I'm just go to a national or state leader and talk through what I want done, and they are going to straighten out the brothers who were out of line. Yes I'm your brother, no I'm not any better than you are, but the state and national leadership also have to know how to mentor mem in the Disciple way. Your goal should be to be teachable, ready for correction,  open to learning the vision. 

God has ordained what we do. There is a natl leadership structure, we have a direction,  at times you might not get it, but it will be revealed to you.  Stay on mission, don't get all upset, it's not all about you, it's about the mission. God bless yall. 

James Disciple Johnson 
Natl President and Founder 
Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club 

Words of Correction  http://disciplecmcblog.blogspot.com/2015/03/words-of-correction.html