Monday, April 20, 2015

Mouth Exposes Heart



As I was completing my nightly read in the Word, I came across a verse that God spoke to me on.
Luke 6:45; “The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.”
As a red letter verse, Jesus was stating that what we speak comes from deep within. Our mouths are like spigots, flowing good or evil, contingent on the state of our hearts. What we fail to realize is, we cannot clean up the way we talk without truly addressing the heart of the problem. The real issue is deep in our bodies and minds. The problem of sinful speech, like gossip, slander, grumbling, and lying, can only be corrected by getting at the heart. Having a new heart doesn’t mean it will always produce what’s pure. I am still a sinner. But I’m a sinner who has been saved by grace to speak in a new way that edifies others and glorifies God.
So before you hit the "enter button", or call a bro to complain about a post, pray about your own heart. Is it pure, are you glorifying Our Lord? Before you bash National leadership or any other individual in DCMC, think hard and ask God if what you're about to say is from Him or your flesh.
As Full Patches, we're the men who are creating DCMC history. What you do today, is written in this MC history books for all others behind use to cultivate from.
An individual, acting alone, can accomplish much; but a group of people acting together in a unified force can accomplish great wonders. Remember, National pushes out vision, but it is up to us to bring Disciple Nation into compliance. Like most in this MC, I do not agree with everything my brothers or bros bring to this page. I always, get on my knees and ask for guidance before using my spigot to rebuke from the flesh. Ask yourself, will complaining about it change the direction of this MC, if so, than I believe God will guide the words flowing from you.
1 Corinthians 10:31; “Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”

Gary Hippie Glover
Florida Boss
Disciple Christian Motorcycle Club